Tuesday 5 March 2013

January 2013 continued



A few days after the Jan. 12th post I was back in hospital with pneumonia and a blood clot in my lung.  In other words I was a very ‘sick little girl’.  During the week I was in hospital Pop watered the garden and kept me updated on the progress of the vegie garden.  He picked our first ripe tomato and brought me in a photo of it.  I was really thrilled.

Once home I was able to go  out and do a little bit of fussing about and Pop helped me with what I wasn’t strong enough to do.  The zucchini was the only thing that didn’t go to plan – the first zucchini was only the size of a pencil when I went into hospital was the size of a rolling pin  when I came home a week later.  Oh well – it tasted good, but I do prefer to pick them while they are still small.

By the end of January I picked our first ‘purple king’ beans, carrots, snow peas and zucchinis.


my first tomato
we had a few very yummy meals from this collection

No comments:

Post a Comment