Saturday 30 March 2013

Second half of March



Everything is still growing well.  The vege garden is starting to slow down and I plan to take out the rest of the tomato plants and the zucchini plants as they have finished producing anything of value and are looking rather scrappy.  The seeds of red beet and an Asian broccoli that I planted have come up so I’m pleased about that ....I haven’t had the best success rate in the past with seeds so hopefully this is the start of a new era.

The flower that I wrote about that came up first and its leave follow later is a ‘colchicum’.  Thanks Sis for the info.  These flowers are now finished and the leaves are just starting to show through the ground. 

The leucadendrons are going well now and forming their cones.  I had trouble getting something to grow in the front of the bed but now have a succulent doing really well and looks good as it also has red and green foliage.

We have started to get a plan happening for the front garden.  During April we gave a chap with a digger coming to remove the weed/lawn and he will also do some concreting. 

leucadendrons


the Monkey pod is doing well..you can see the forming pods on the tips of the new leaf


I hope the bromiliads will flower this year


this is the before photo of the front yard

No comments:

Post a Comment