Wednesday 2 April 2014

February 2014

February – a quiet month in my garden this year. 
A beautiful orchid bloomed.  The tomatoes are getting bigger but still a long way from bearing fruit – oh well. The snowpeas are producing well and we have had a few meals from them.  The zucchinis have also reached the picking stage.  I steamed some the other night and served it with some cheese and sweet chilli sauce on the top.  Pop’s favourite way.
We had some friends stay with us for a week.  It was a lovely time.  Unfortunately there was a really bad wind storm one of the days and the back fence was blown over.  Thankfully it went backwards and didn’t do any damage to my garden or the neighbor’s as it leaned on their retaining wall.   The only other damage was the pot holding my osmanthus was blown down the steps and the pot broken.  The plant was undamaged and the soil just sat in a neat ball.  It was carried into the shade house and kept moist until the next day when a new pot could be bought. 
My friend gave me two lovely plants and we had great fun potting them up and having some time out in the garden.

The next week I was very busy getting some paintings done and then the last two weeks we spent on the mainland visiting family.

my beautiful orchid - the first flowering   

No comments:

Post a Comment