Friday 11 January 2013

December



December and the vegetables are all growing and everything is looking happy.  I have had to exchange my garden gloves, painting brush for my watercolour brush and get some artwork done.  There is an exhibition in February which I want to enter and so I must get some paintings done to put up for acceptance.  At least I can still go out and look at the garden even if I can’t do much.
Well after the first two weeks I’ve recovered enough to do some light work.  I harvested my garlic and was really thrilled with the result.  I tied them up and they are in a nice spot in the shade house where the air can circulate but they won’t get wet – perfect spot according to Peter Cundell's writings.  My white onions were also ready to come up so I have them next to the garlic. 
The rest of the month is just for getting the house ready for our Daughter, Son In Law and their two children to arrive on the 23rd for Christmas.
This year it is our turn to host the Christmas Lunch.   Our first in our new home which although is in a great upheaval with half done renovations, a geriatric oven, flooring patched up to make do until painting finished etc. etc. we are looking forward to a wonderful time.  So lovely to have both of our children and their families and the extended circle of family and friends gathered together in our new home.  A Christmas to remember.

This hydrangea was a lovely surprise - an original plant in the garden - unfortunately a few days after this Tassie experienced it's hottest day on record and this plant looked like it had been hit with a flame thrower.
The veges are growing and the birds are liking the new birdbath
A few succulents make a pretty display and the hot weather wont destroy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment