Friday 11 January 2013

September - Orchids


September is ‘Orchid Show’ time in Hobart.  The Town Hall is a beautiful sight, and the fragrance is unbelievable.  I had no idea how fragrant orchids are until I went to my first show. So many blooms representing many of the types and varieties etc. etc. there are of orchids, all gathered together.  This year I headed straight to the ‘Sales Table’.  Oh boy did I have fun.  My garden buddy friend came with me so I was able to buy as many as she could carry and go back and buy as many as I could carry.......a great way to add to my collection. 
my collection is growing..in more ways than one

Speckled eggs



pale pink dendrobian

a darker pink
I have no idea what colour this orchid will have but I like the different form




No comments:

Post a Comment