Wednesday 2 January 2013

February continued


February – The Shade House is started.......

Under the deck was just an open space.  It had been covered with weed mat and then covered in fine pine bark.  I had put my shade loving plants in this area to try to protect them from hot winds, yes there sometimes are hot winds in Hobart. 

Mum and my Sis arrived for a weeks stay with us in early February.  Their first opportunity to see our new home.  So with my Sis we covered the inside of the area under the deck with shade cloth.  The outside had square open wire to about waist height and so we attached more so that it could be eventually planted with sweet peas.

This is the bed that had been home to the climbing rose (now removed).  Good soil and compost was added to this soil and then planted with 4 daphne bushes and also 8 species daphnes. 

Sis also removed the last of the rhubarb stump, those stumps are huge and go on forever.  She did a wonderful job and achieved what I never would have been able to do.

A ‘meyer’ lemon was bought and Pop put in two star pickets and some lattice and  I espaliered the lemon to it in the vege garden.
square wire was added to head height, soil and compost about to be added to the soil.  The garden shed (my first ever!!) has beed constructed and the side fences are in place. 

the shade cloth is in place and the daphnes planted


one day this will be a shade house but for now a storage area for shade loving plants.  My potting table visible but will be set up next to the garden shed in the future.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment