Wednesday 2 January 2013

February


My time was divided between emptying boxes inside and setting up the house and being outside pulling out the plants on my hit list.  The pile of plants and weeds destined for the tip was growing. 

On the 20th January we received the sad news that my Dad had passed away.  Everything at the house stood still while we went to Melbourne for Dad’s funeral and we spent time with family and friends.

On our return we finished unpacking the boxes and then I threw myself back into the garden.

By the 6th of Feb. the vege garden had begun.  The thornless raspberry was gone and planted instead was coriander, italian parsley, basil and snowpeas.  I had planned to grow some purple king climbing beans but it was too late and so some scarlett runner beans became option 2.
6th Feb 2012 - the vege patch has begun
all unwanted plants have been removed.   A birdbath, a 'Fragrantisima' rhodo, azaleas
campanula 'pantaloons', pansy seedlings and some of my penstamins have all been planted



 

No comments:

Post a Comment